The Andrews Centre provides crisis assistance for residents of Endeavour Hills with a Health Care or Pension Card up to a maximum of four times each year. This service is available between 10:00am and 2:00pm Monday to Friday. Appointments are necessary and can be made by calling the Centre. Crisis help also includes advocacy and referral to ensure that people are aware of the supports that are “out there” to help them with their particular problems.
A food co-op also operates out of the Andrews Centre. People can purchase food at bargain prices to help them afford basic food.
Emergency Relief Includes:
- Food vouchers
- Financial Assistance
- No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS)
- Rent loans
- Loan cars
- Monday and Thursday meals
- Outings and events for the financially disadvantaged
- Donations of good quality clothing and household goods from the Op Shop
- Donations of blankets and swags for the homeless
- Emergency accommodation
- Advocacy and referrals to help people access the help they need
- Budgeting advice
- A Food Co-operative