The No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS – Good Shepherd) provides individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit with no fees or interest payments.
Loans are available for up to $2,000 for most items and services such as fridges, washing machines, computers, vehicle or house repairs, furniture, TV’s and medical procedures. Loans are also available for up to $3,000 for Rates, Rent advances, Bonds plus Rent arrears and Utilities (special circumstances).
NILS Loans cannot be used for cash, living expenses such as food, debt consolidation, holidays, fines, utilities, insurance or bills.
Loan Repayments are set up at an affordable fortnightly amount, for up to 24 months. Allow 1 hour for the NILS loan application interview.
Eligibility – to be eligible for a NILS loan, you must:
- Hold a Centrelink Health Care Card or Pension Card; or earn $57,000 or less per year after tax for singles, or $75,000 for couples.
- Live in the local area and have lived at the same address for > 3 months.
- Demonstrate the capacity and willingness to repay the loan.
Documents Required before the Loan Application Interview:
Email your name, address, phone number and scans or files of ALL the following documents to: email@example.com
We will then call you back to arrange an interview time for a NILS Loan.
- Identification : 100 Points ID Check e.g. Driver’s License, Passport, Birth Certificate, Medicare Card or Pension Card
- Centrelink Income Statement (Recent) and 2 recent Payslips (if salary credits not on Bank Statements)
- Bank Statements (last 3 months and no older than 2 weeks essential) for all bank accounts and must show Rent, Mortgage, Utility expenses, otherwise provide original bills.
- Credit statements and BNPL 15-day summaries (screenshots).
- Quote for Goods or Services – must be on a Letterhead Invoice with ABN, phone number, bank details, item make and model number and purchase price, including GST.