No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS – Good Shepherd Microfinance) provides individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit with no fees or interest payments.
Loans are available for up to $1,500 for items and services such as fridges, washing machines, computers, vehicle or house repairs, furniture, TV’s and medical procedures.
Repayments are set up at an affordable fortnightly amount over 12 months using using Centrepay or Direct Debit . Allow 1 hour for the loan application interview and on-line application. Interviews can also be carried out by phone or video call. NILS Loans cannot be used for cash, bond, rent arrears, debt consolidation, holidays or bills.
To be eligible for a NILS loan, you must:
- Hold a Centrelink Health Care Card or Pension Card; or earn $45,000 or less per year after tax for singles, or $60,000 for couples.
- Live in the local area and have lived at the same address for more than 3 months.
- Demonstrate the capacity and willingness to repay the loan.
Documents Required before the Loan Application Interview:
Email your name, address, phone number and attach scans or files (pdf or photos) of ALL the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then call you to arrange an interview time for a NILS Loan application, with the options of using face-to-face, phone or video call for the Loan interview.
- Centrelink Card and Driver’s License
- Rental Agreement, Rent Payment Statement or Home Loan Statement
- Centrelink Income Statement and/or 2 recent Payslips
- Bank Statements (last 3 months essential) for all bank accounts
- Gas, Electricity, Water or Phone Bills (only 2 recent bills required)
- Car Registration Certificate – only required for car related items e.g. car mechanical repairs, tyres
- Quote for Goods or Services – must be on a Letterhead Invoice with ABN, phone number, bank details, item make and model number and purchase price, including GST.